Saturday 21 May 2016

Role models are those whom we admire

Role models are those whom we admire
There are several people who have inspired me in one or the other way. Right from my childhood, she was my mother who inspired me to have some dreams in life. My mother had certain dreams which she could not fulfill. She never wanted me to have such regret in my life. Hence she always encouraged and motivated me to chase my dreams. It was her trust in me that inspired me.
I have always been living within certain boundaries. I was not even confident enough that if I go out of my boundaries, whether I will be able to face the challenges or not. It was simply the dreams that my mother had for me that led me to a new phase of my life successfully when I went up for my post graduation to some other city.
I met several people in this city. Initially I was not accepted by most of the local residents. Being from a small city, people were with the conventional thinking of what this girl may know, she belongs to a small town. But I didn’t lose hope. I kept moving up my experience curve and soon I was able to create a beautiful picture of my own. Recently I came across one of the most inspiring statements, “Work until you don’t need to introduce yourself.” It didn’t take me much time to fulfill the meaning of this statement and everyone knew me very well. I neither required to introduce myself nor was I anymore a girl from a small town who didn’t know anything.
Soon I completed my first year and entered the second year. In this year, everyone was supposed to select their specializations and accordingly the classes were reshuffled. It was just like the first day of the college, new friends, some new faculties, and new subjects. But frankly this was one such year where my learning curve rose to a greater height. During this year we met a professor who was not just our class co-ordinator but one of the highly talented persons. He is considered to be the guru of our field. Before meeting him I was simply a studious girl who was indulged just in scoring well in her mark sheets; just like Hritik Roshan in Zindagi na Milegi Dobara who thought that to become successful and a huge name you only need money. He was this professor who brought me closer to some great authors other than my studies like Subrato Bagchi, Robin Sharma, Brian Tracy and many more. The way he gives his presentations and the way he encourages inspired me to become a good communicator and a presentator.
Then, there was a replacement of one of our faculties by our own senior student. Initially we were not at all ready to accept him as he was our senior and I bunked his classes. I assumed him to be very stubborn, boring and studious. And I was not ready to accept his stubbornness. I wanted to know the reason behind his stubbornness. And then under the influence of one of my friend’s suggestion, I thought to give him a chance and started to attend his sessions. The more I attended his sessions the more I started to understand him. I realized that he is not stubborn; he is a person who is in a terrible distress given by various situations of his life. I realized that there were many things about him which were behind the curtain. One of my problem is I can not see a person distressed by the situations of his/her life. So out of my high curiosity, I found out that he was just as similar to me. Highly creative and passionate personality. He loves writing poems the most and I love to spend time with my art. The person who once had highest priority in my rejection list has become one of the most respected persons today. He brought me closer to my art and inspired me to improve upon my writing skills.
There are people who, whenever asked who is your inspiration give the name of highly successful people like Ratan Tata, Dhirubhai Ambani, etc. But for me, my inspiration are not those who have become huge names but those who are trying to become huge names, who are having big dreams in their eyes.
Do you know role models are of two types? Ones, who set goals for us and try  to make us as good as they are. And second, who help us to avoid those mistakes that they had committed in their past. Hence for me these people who are closer to me are my role models and not those huge names. This is because you cannot clearly define how true their success story is but when your role models are your own family, friends, acquaints you are more into their personal details and hence you are in a position where you have proofs to all their success.
I am not saying; not to have big names as role models nor I am saying that these success stories our fake. What I want to stress on is don’t try to become like one. Try to understand how one has become what he/she is and try to determine how that can be used to become what you want to be. Being a billionaire is not important but how you have pursued the path of becoming the billionaire is more important.


No comments:

Post a Comment